That’s hard to write Round 1: Cardinals. The Cubs were finally put down in the rubber game by Pujols extra-inning home run. The only thing comforting Sunday was we were drinking beer at Hooters, and Barrett continues to rock the long ball.
Even thought the Cardinals TRIED to give the Cub’s multiple chances, we couldn’t capitalize on their mistakes. Round 2 in STL will see an improved Cubs team. At least that’s the hope.
So let’s recap the weekend:
The Good, Bad, and the Ugly
- Barrett. Barrett had one heck of a series. He’s been on a home run run here lately, and he’s in the top ten in HR in the NL right now. Go number 8!
- Jason Marquis. Wow. What a game Saturday. Marquis doesn’t look like his old self yet and he’s had solid starts. Hope this continues throughout the season. He’s now 2-1 with a 1.88 ERA. Even Ohman (puke) couldn’t blow it for the Cubs. He brought his svelte 6.00 ERA into the 8 and 9 innings on Sat. Thanks dude.
- Cubs Hitting (Sat and Sun only). The Cubs finally broke out of their hitting freeze Saturday and Sunday, and scored plenty of runs Saturday and Sunday. Friday they could only manage one run, in a game they should have won!
- Friday’s loss. Typical. Take a 1-0 lead into the seventh, and give up the 2-run long ball. Stupid Preston Wilson. Lily has wasted TWO awesome starts on a team that refuses to score any runs for him. Reminds me of the run support Maddux used to get. Lilly has pitched 13 innings in his last two starts, allowed 6 hits and 3 runs and is 0-2 for his efforts.
- Sunday’s loss. A windy day in Chicago made for a wild score. Combined the teams scored 21 runs. Too bad, but the Cubbies just got outslugged. Stupid Pujols.
- Pujols and Wilson. Whose home runs beat our Cubbies.
- Freaky Friday. A triple play? Nada. Some of the ‘wierdest’ baseball ever. Welcome to Chicago Lou.
- Cubs hitting Friday. WILL SOMEONE PLEASE HIT THE DAMN BALL!