That’s right ladies and gentlemen. The Bearded Bears are BACK! Stay tuned, but until then, here’s a small taste of what’s to come!
Author Archives: pattybears
We were all thinking Flem had no idea what he was doing but little did we know that he had the inside scoop on Priest Holmes and his new way of running. See the pic below…I didn’t realize that his legs were amputated but it appears in the picture that they are. The chiefs have bolstered the O line to be able to make holes big enough for this wheel chair to go through then he litterally can kick it into second gear and he is off to the races.
All of you bears fans get ready to start growing out those beards. Football season is just around the corner and that also means that it is time to begin living out your fantasy of owning your own football team by playing fantasy football. Let the games begin.
LAKE FOREST, Ill. – Lance Briggs won’t have to watch the sports news on television to get a glimpse of Bourbonnais.
Lance Briggs smothers Colts running back Joseph Addai in Super Bowl XLI.
The two-time Pro Bowl linebacker will be at training camp in person after agreeing Wednesday to sign a one-year contract with the Bears for the 2007 franchise tender amount of $7.2 million.
Briggs was selected to the Pro Bowl for the second straight season in 2006 when he ranked second on the Bears with a career-high 176 tackles and 10 tackles for loss. The 6-1, 240-pounder also had two interceptions, one sack, four forced fumbles and one fumble recovery.
Briggs turned down a long-term contract extension a year ago and was designated as the Bears’ franchise player in March after helping the team reach the Super Bowl for the first time in 21 seasons.
That guaranteed Briggs a one-year contract equal to the average of the five highest paid linebackers in the NFL. But he was upset that the tag prevented him from reaching the open market and threatened to sit out training camp and up to 10 regular-season games.
Instead, Briggs agreed to sign the one-year deal and report to training camp, though it was not clear as of Wednesday night exactly when the weakside linebacker would arrive and whether he would participate in the first practice at 3 p.m. Friday.
Coach Lovie Smith will address the situation Thursday afternoon in Bourbonnais. Log onto ChicagoBears.com for complete coverage as the reigning NFC champions report to training camp at Olivet Nazarene University
1. Both radio and TV were invented.
2. Fourteen teams were added to Major League Baseball.
3. George Burns celebrated his 13th birthday (and also his 20th, 30th, 40th, 50th, 60th, 70th, 80th, 90th and 100th).
4. Haley’s comet passed Earth, twice.
5. Harry Caray was born, and died.
6. The NBA, NHL and NFL were formed, and Chicago teams won championships in each league.
7. The US fought in two world wars, the Korean War, Vietnam War and Persian Gulf War.
8. Man landed on the moon.
9. Seventeen US presidents were elected.
10. Twelve amendments added to the Constitution.
11. Prohibition was created and repealed.
12. The Titanic was built, set sail, sank, and was re discovered.
13. Wrigley Field was built and becomes the oldest park in the National League.
14. Flag poles were erected on Wrigley Field roof to hold all of the team’s future World Series pennants, which have since rusted and been taken down.
15. A combination of 41 Summer and Winter Olympics have been held.
16. Thirteen baseball players have won the Triple Crown.
17. Swing music, bell-bottoms, and disco came in style, went out of style and came back in style.
18. The Chicago White Sox, Cleveland Indians, Boston Red Sox and Florida Marlins have all won the World Series.
19. The Cubs played over 15,000 regular-season games, losing the majority of them.
20. Alaska, Arizona, Hawaii, Oklahoma and New Mexico were admitted to the Union!